What is it?
Rugby Union is about fun, fitness and friends. It’s a social sport that anyone can play.
Fed up with exercising on your own? We know the feeling! Come and join in with us, we’re all shapes and sizes, different fitness levels and abilities.
There are different ways of playing the game, so if you want to have a go for the first time, or you’re not sure if contact rugby is for you, we have lots of options!
- O2 Touch – female only or mixed, non-contact rugby (no tackling allowed!)
- Pitch up & Play – First-timer? No problem! Come and have a go, and we’ll help you take those steps into contact rugby
- Club rugby – our clubs are the heartbeat of our game; you can watch, learn, play or volunteer! They’re inviting place too, so come in and say hello. Visitors are always welcome if you want to come and have a look round before you join.
Why is it good for me?
It’s time to get off the treadmill and to be challenged, to believe you can push yourself further, to be admired for doing the unexpected, to celebrate a new sense of achievement. This is the game for you, get out of it what you want and play your way.
How much does it cost?
- Pitch Up & Play – no cost
- O2 Touch – free first session, prices vary after that (up to £5)
- Club Rugby – there will be a membership fee at the club. Clubs always try to make sure it is affordable for everyone who wants to play. Some clubs will ask for an annual fee, others offer monthly payments which can include match fees.
What equipment do I need?
For your first session all you need is similar kit to what you would be comfortable running in. Trainers are also fine in the drier months. If you decide to play more frequently then you’ll be given advice on what kit is appropriate.