What is it?
Speedgolf is a fun, cross-discipline sport combining golf with running. Using up to seven clubs, the aim is to get around the golf course in the shortest amount of time in the least number of strokes.
The skill lies in balancing your pace while managing your ability to quickly and accurately play your shots. Speedgolf is a fun, energetic and creative way to play golf and is designed to fit in with a busy lifestyle.
Speedgolf can actually lead to an enhanced golfing performance, turning 18-hole rounds into 80 minutes or 9 holes into 45 minutes or less!
Why is it good for me?
• A whole body Cardiovascular workout and depending on your pace and distance can increase your stamina.
• It gets you outdoors – a proven way to help improve your mood, build confidence and reduce stress levels.
• A solo or team activity.
• 18 holes will give you a full fitness workout but playing 9 is a great effort too!
How much does it cost?
Prices are set by individual golf courses who allow Speedgolfers out, usually on a 1st tee basis by arrangement. Some clubs offer taster sessions or informal Speedgolf training with a specially reduced ‘Speedgolf’ Green fee where you can give it a go and meet others new to the sport.
What equipment do I need?
• Standard dress code at the golf club, which normally includes a collared Golf Polo shirt
• Running Trainers or Spikeless golf trainers (no spikes allowed)
• Golf Clubs – up to 7, golf balls and tees
• Score card, pencil and watch (to record your score)