What is it?
Technically, trampolining is leaping vertically into the air from a tightly sprung bed and performing various controlled movements including somersaults, twists and turns.
In short, it’s a great deal of fun and just about the closest thing to self-propelled flying you’ll find!
Why is it good for me?
- Low impact and far less stressful on the joints than other types of exercise
- Up to three times more beneficial than running – a ten-minute session is the equivalent of a half hour run
- Nothing cheers you up like a good bounce!
How much does it cost?
Between £3 and £6 for a three-hour session, but exact costs will depend on the clubs and coaches.
What equipment do I need?
The club or coach will tell you what to bring along, but a good start would be:
- A pair of shorts
- T-shirt or vest
- Trainers should suffice to start with (although may not be necessary)
- The club should provide the specialist equipment such as the trampoline, matting and safety harness