What is it?
Go Spike is your chance to try one of the best sports around – volleyball! Whether you’ve never played before and want to give it a go or you haven’t played since you were at school – or on holiday – Go Spike gives you the opportunity to come and try!
Go Spike sessions will be running all year round across England at numerous events, volleyball clubs, Universities, beach courts, parks and leisure centres.
Volleyball is a team sport in which two teams are separated by a raised net. Points are scored when the ball lands on the opponent’s side of the court.
Give volleyball a go and find out why it is one of the top three most-played sports in the world!
Why is it good for me?
- Good cardiovascular workout – improves fitness
- Excellent means of improving hand-eye co-ordination
- Very social game and a great way to meet friends
How much does it cost?
Volleyball is an inexpensive game to play, all is needed is a ball and something that can act as a net, but the costs will vary from session to session – contact the session organisers directly to ask about court fees or club subscriptions.
What equipment do I need?
- A pair trainers with good grip (or bare feet for the beach or park)
- Suitable gym wear or fitness clothes, can check with session host to confirm attire